The shrine was rebuilt in its current location in 1686 as a result of new land cultivation. The enshrined deity is Sugawara-no-Michizane. The same rebuilt main shrine structure is still standing today, and Suita City has recognized it as a tangible cultural property. The wooden building was constructed in a shrine architectural style known as Nagare-zukuri with a traditional "kokerabuki" thatched roof. The pillars, colorfully decorated with artistic portraits of lions and cows, are an example of mid-Edo period design. The shrine is famous for Tondo Matsuri, a festival to thank the gods and pray for that year's harvest and health. It's held in the evening annually on January 14th in the square in front of the shrine.
address1-17-1 Kamishinden, Toyonaka-shi, Osaka, 560-0085
transport8-minute walk from Senri-Chuo Station on the Kita-Osaka Kyuko Line