open6:00 - 17:00
It was established in the latter part of the 5th century by a powerful family, the Monobe Clan. During the Muromachi period, the shrine received the god of Kasuga from Nara's Kasuga Taisha shrine. Karakuni Shrine was lost to a fire during the wars with Oda Nobunaga. In 1908, the shrine was merged with nearby Nagano Shrine, and the number of enshrined deities grew to include the Monobe clan ancestral god, the god of Kasuga, and the three Susanoo gods. Additionally, the long, tree-lined road to the shrine is one of "100 Selections of Osaka Green."
address1-19-14 Fujiidera, Fujiidera-shi, Osaka, 583-0024
transport5-minute walk from Fujiidera Station on the Kintetsu Minami Osaka Line