A bridge with a total length of approx. 190 m, along Sakai-suji Avenue, spanning the Tosabori River, Nakanoshima Park and Dojima River. This bridge features four stone statues of brave lions, located at its north and south ends, so it is commonly called the "Lion Bridge." The pairs of lions, one with mouth open and the other with mouth closed, are called "Ah-Un Lions." In the Edo era, Naniwa Bridge was a wooden bridge along Naniwabashi-suji Avenue (located west of Sakai-suji Avenue), connecting Hinoue Town in the north and Kitahama 1-chome in the south. The bridge, with a total length of approx. 207 m and width of approx. 5.7 m, was under the direct control of the Tokugawa Shogunate Government. Since the bridge was arched, the view from the bridge was splendid, overlooking 16 nearby bridges and the mountains in the distance. The bridge was a popular spot for viewing fireworks and enjoying the cool of the evening in summer. In 1912, when the municipal electric railway of the Sakaisuji Line was extended from Kitahama to Tenjinbashi 6-chome in the north, the bridge was relocated to its current location. The bridge, which features classical lampposts and grand stone steps leading to Nakanoshima Park, was designed excellently to harmonize with its surrounding urban landscape. Many historic buildings are located nearby, including Osaka Securities Exchange.
Location〒 530-0005 1 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka - 1 Kitahama, Chuo-ku
Directions1-minute walk from Kitahama Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line and Keihan Railway Main Line
Tel06-6615-6818 (Osaka City Construction Bureau Road Department & Bridges)