When viewing any of the material posted on this website:
- Retrieving the contents on to your personal site is prohibited.
- Reproduction that infringes the copyright is prohibited.
- Usage of legally reproduced material besides the purpose that is stated is prohibited.
- No modifications or any other change can be made even within the bounds of legal reproduction.
Violation of the copyright law is subject to criminal responsibilities.
In the advanced information and communications society today, we acknowledge the importance of protecting personal information. Therefore, the Bureau declares appropriate handling of personal information as its basic policy and is committed to the protection of personal information by following the rules mentioned bellow.
1. Compliance with the law
The Bureau will abide by the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (Law No.57. 2003) as well as other regulations and codes relating to personal information, including guidelines set by relevant government ministries and agencies.
2. Acquisition of personal information
The Bureau will collect personal data by fair means and abide by the relevant laws.
3. Usage of personal information
(1)The usage of the personal information will strictly be limited to those mentioned at the time of collection and purposes that are reasonably relevant and needed to execute the work.
(2)If and when the Bureau should share the collected personal information with a certain individual/group or outsource any of the information to an agent, the Bureau will supervise and take proper measures to ensure appropriate handling of the information.
4. Disclosure of the purpose of usage
The Bureau will inform or disclose to the individual, the purpose of collecting personal information in any case other than those stated in the law.
5. Providing collected personal information to a third party
In situations other than those stated in the law, the Bureau prohibits providing the collected information to a third part without the approval of the individual.
6. Handling Personal Information
(1) The Bureau will maintain the accuracy and safety of the up-to-date information. Moreover, it will take appropriate measures to safeguard the collected personal information from leakage, loss, damage, tampering and any other unauthorized disclosure.
(2) The Bureau assigns the Head of the General Affairs Team as the person responsible for managing the collected personal information and will take appropriate measures to properly manage the personal information.
7. Disclosure, correction, suspension of usage and cancellation
The Bureau will promptly reply to any requests concerning disclosure, correction, suspension of usage and cancellation of personal information from the party itself.
8. Establishment and enforcement of Personal Information Protection Regulations
To enforce the Personal Information Protection Policy, the Bureau will establish a Personal Information Protection Compliance Program. The information will be spread through training and education programs and be of common knowledge among all personnel of the Bureau. It will continuously be improved to maintain its quality.
9. Where to contact regarding personal information
For any questions concerning personal information, please contact below:
5F Resona Semba Bldg.4-4-21 Minami-Semba, Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0081
Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau
General Affairs Dpt.
(Tel) +81-6-6282-5900 (Fax)+81-6-6282-5915
Office hours : 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
In affect as of March 2, 2006Osaka Convention & Tourism BureauChairman
This site includes PDF and SWF files. Please use the required plug-ins.
Adobe Reader issued by the Adobe Systems Incorporated is necessary to view the PDF files. You can download the latest version from their site for free.