Early Edo period, the bridge was built for come and go to daimyo's city storehouse in Nakanoshima to pass the Tosabori river. Because there was large tree of chinaberry at bridge line, so it was named this name. It was wooden bridge until Meiji 18(1885), but flew out by heavy floods. But construction was decided such as Osaka library( present Nakanoshima library), and Osaka city government office building nearby, the bridge was built again in Taisho 3 (1914). ( after that, the bridge was rebuilt in Showa 10,1935). Current bridge was rebuilt in Showa 60,1985, it has been keeping the image of old bridge, and the design consider that harmony is important with historical building such as Nakanoshima library, and central public hall. There is display such as, tombstone which is telling the source of bridge guard, newel which is in Taisho period, name plate of past bridges, and relief of bead tree.
Location〒 530-0000 1 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka through 2 Kitahama, Chuo-ku, Osaka
Directions1-minute walk from Yodoyabashi Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji Line
Tel06－6615－6818 （Osaka City Construction Bureau Road Department & Bridges）