Although the date of its establishment is unknown, the mountain on which this old shrine stands, called Miyayama or Aogakiyama, has long been regarded as a place where the gods reside. Standing beside Kozenji Temple, built in 852 by the Tendai Buddhist monk Ennin, vestiges of the Shinto and Buddhist syncretism that continued from ancient times up until the Edo period still very clearly remain.In 1574, the shrine was burned as a result of Oda Nobunaga's campaigns, but it was rebuilt along with Kozenji Temple in the Edo period. The shrine hosts a grand festival complete with mikoshi floats annually on May 5th.
address1462 Tanagawatanigawa, Misaki-cho, Sennan-gun, Osaka, 599-0311
transport5-minute walk from the Gokurakubashi bus stop; board a bus from Misakikoen Station on the Nankai Tanagawa Line