Visit Kyoto International Manga Museum from Osaka
45 mins away from Osaka. The largest comics, or manga museum in Japan with numerous precious manga books
The Kyoto International Manga Museum has a collection of manga materials of over 300,000 items, ranging from caricature woodblock prints of the Edo period, to magazines of the Meiji, Taisho and early showa period, as well as works from postwar rental books to modern popular series and publications from abroad. Among the collection, 50,000 manga books are provided for manga readers, and 250,000 rare and precious materials are available for research and survey. In addition to manga collection, it is also a venue for regular drawing exhibitions and creator meetings, live shows for manga making, cosplay events and other shows. The museum is 45 minutes away from Osaka and it is definitely a place manga fans cannot miss out.
- Karasuma-Oike, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto Japan (former Tatsuike Primary School)
- 10:00 ~ 18:00 (admission until 17:30)
- Adults 800 yen; High and junior high students 300 yen; elementary students: 100 yen
- ACCESS FROM OSAKA
- Take JR Railway Kyoto-Line from Osaka Station, get off at the Kyoto Station, then change to the Kyoto city subway, get off at the Karasuma Oike, and walk for 2 mins to get to the museum. Or, take Hankyu Railway Kyoto-Line from Hankyu Osaka-umeda Station, get off at the Karasuma Station, then change to the Kyoto city subway, get off at the Karasuma Oike, and walk for 2 mins to get to the museum.
- Related information
- Visit Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum from Osaka