Ota Road, Nippombashi, Osaka
Japanese Pop Culcure, Nippombashi in Osaka Has It All!– Ota Road, Nippombashi, Osaka
Nippombashi in Osaka is one of the three most popular electric towns in Japan, and the largest place with typical Japanese pop culture - animations and manga in the western Japan. Exclusive shops of model figures, animation souvenirs, plastic models etc. scatter on the Sakaisuji Street (No. 3 – 5 streets in Nippombashi) and the Ota Road, making the area a sanctuary of western Japanese pop culture.
Particularly on the street named Ota Road, you can find not only stores of animations and character goods, but also typical Japanese shops like maid cafes. It is really a paradise here for animation lovers. This time we’ll have a look at this Ota Paradises.
Ota Road is next to Nansan Street of Namba Station S. Between Ota Road and Nansan Street stands a shop named “GEE!Store Osaka”.
The shop mainly sells official character goods and costumes and it is definitely the best place for animation fans to pick up presents and gifts for themselves and their friends. Their products also include official character costumes, books, CDs and blue-ray and DVD etc.
- 7-7, Sennichimae, Namba, Chuo-ku, Osaka City.
- 11:00 ~ 20:00 (open all-year-round, closed during the New Year Holiday and commodity inventories, twice a year)
Everyone would like to try maid cafes when they visit Nippombashi. At e-maid, you will be greeted by the maids in classical long dress and foods here are carefully selected and made. You will hate yourself for eating the lovely band-painted Omu rice, the most popular dish of the café. 3 brown eggs, fresh cream, and butter from Hokkaido make the Omu rice a taste you could never forget. Don’t forget to try it.
- 2-3-6, Namba Middle, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka.
- Weekdays 12:00 ~ 22:30; holidays 11:00 ~ 22:30 (Irregular breaks)
The green board of Kotobukiya makes the shop special and eye-catching in Nippombashi. It is a direct sell store of plastic models and character models. The products here range from Ghibli, Nintendo, Square Enix to Starwars, MARVEL, DC COMIC on the 1st floor. On the 2nd floor, you may find models and souvenirs of on-trend animations and games, and plastics model tools as well.
- 4-15-18, Kotobukiya Building, Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka
GOOD SMILE × animate cafe nipponbashi
The café works with current popular animations and games. The decoration and foods of the café are designed according to the animations and games. This is also a place you can enjoy beautiful smiles and energetic coffees. Animation and game lovers should not miss the original menu with the perspective and mascot from animations and games. Moreover, you can find the original products ONLY here and the products change by different periods of animations and games they work with. Check out more on their website.
- 2F, 4-15-17, Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka.
- 11:00 ~ 21:30 (Changes depending on contents and periods of collaboration)
In this small area, you will have fun, good time and tasty restaurants. This is why Nippombashi is so much attractive and interesting. With so many unique and special shops on Ota Road, animation fans should definitely go visit it.
- Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- Take Osaka Metro Midosuji-Line, Sennichimae-Line, or Yotsubashi-Line to Namba Station, or take Nankai Electric Railway to Namba Station and walk 10 minutes.