The Holy Land of Western Japan, Nipponbashi
Japanese Pop Culcure, Nippombashi in Osaka Has It All!– Sakaisuji street, Nippombashi, Osaka
Nippombashi in Osaka is one of the three most popular electric towns in Japan, and the largest place with typical Japanese pop culture - animations and manga in the western Japan. Exclusive shops of model figures, animation
souvenirs, plastic models ect. scatter on the Sakaisuji Street (No. 3 – 5 street in Nippombashi) and the Ota Road, making the area a sanctuary of western Japanese pop culture.
Large electronics stores and character goods shops can be found mainly on Sakaisuji Street. It may be better to visit the Nippombashi Information first to get a rough idea about the whole electric town. Let me introduce the Skaisuji Street this time.
The first place you may want to check out is the Nippombashi Information, where the Nippombashi ambassador Neon Chan is working at. You can learn anything you want to know about Nippombashi here! They also provide visitors with pamphlets in English, Korean, and Chinese .
- 5-9-12, Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- 11:00 ~ 19:00 (open all-year-round, closed during the New Year Holiday)
Volks Osaka Showroom
On Sakaisuji Street, there are many large exclusive stores for character goods. Heading for the north from the Nippombashi Information, you can find a building named “Volks Osaka Showroom” where filled with all kinds of character toys, figures, models, dolls ect., as well as tools for model assembly. You may also enjoy the diorama models from the designers in the showroom.
- 4-9-18, Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- 11:00 ~ 20:00 (open all-year-round and closed when building maintainance)
Super Kids Land Character Hall
The Gundam billboard in the Sakaisuji Street is eye-catching. It is the Super Kids Land Character Hall. Here visitors can find anything including Gunpla, Gandam, charater models, plastics assembly models, and assembly tools as well.
- 4-10-1, Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
You cannot miss “Jungle” if you want to find something unique.
In Jungle, in addition to special videos and superally robots, you may also find works from old time to modern days. It is a wonderful land and you may probably discover your treasures in here.
- 3-4-16, Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- 12:00 ~ 20:00; weekends and holidays: 11:00 ~ 20:00
There are quite a lot good restaurants around Nippombashi. Rest yourself at the Imisen Restaurant and try a freshly made tempura donburi after a tiring long walk. There is no concern about language barriers as the thoughtful owner provides memu in English, Chinese and Korean.
- 3-6-8, Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan大阪府大阪市浪速区日本橋3-6-8
- 11:00 ~ 20:30 (Closed on every Monday)
It is not a big place but lots of fun and delicious foods. It is this greatness about Nippombashi in Osaka makes it a place worthy of visiting.
- Nippombashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
- Take Osaka Metro Midosuji-Line, Sennichimae-Line, or Yotsubashi-Line to Namba Station, or take Nankai Electric Railway to Namba Station and walk 10 minutes.