OpenOnly facade available for viewing
Surrounded by classic white-painted earthen walls, the residence includes the main structure, a temple dedicated to Fudo Myo-o, a shrine dedicated to Inari, and dozo-style mortar storehouse. The whole of the property is an excellent remnant of the style and structure of a regional headman’s household in the Edo period (1603–1868). The beams and pillars of the house date back to the Tensho era (1573–1593), but later additions and renovations added structures like the genkan entranceway and the main house. It’s thought the present form of the house is as it was near the end of the 18th century.
Location〒 591-8037 5-647 Mozuakahatacho, Kita-ku, Sakai
Directions15-minute walk from Mozu Station on the JR Hanwa Line