Kita Mido Temple (Tsumura Betsuin)
A Jodo Shinshu True Pure Land Buddhist temple of the Honganji sect. The priest's residence was built by parishioners in Osaka in 1591. It was moved to its current location in 1597, and took on the name Kita Mido Temple. It was renowned among the people of Osaka alongside the Minami Mido Temple (Namba Betsuin), but was lost to the severe bombing of 1945. Its current form is a typical grand temple restoration undertaken in 1964. The street connecting the northern (Kita) and southern (Minami) Mido Temples draws its name from them, and is known as Midosuji, literally "Mido Street."
address4-1-3 Hommachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
holidayNo designated days closed
open7:00 - 16:30
addressOpen for viewing
transportExit 2 stairwell A of Hommachi Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji Line