This pedestrian-only bridge is located on the south end of Asahi Festival Hall. At 55.1 meters long and 10.6 meters wide, it was originally built on the Tosabori River in 1931 as an adjustable weir. Called Tosabori Kado-seki, it included a sluice gate below. In 1985, the bridge underwent renovations for beautification and was renamed “Nishikibashi.” On the deck of this solidly-built concrete arch bridge visitors will find decorative nishiki-e-style fired tiles that depict the bridge from the Edo period into the first years of the Meiji period, speaking to the history of Nakanoshima.
Location〒 530-0005 2 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka through 1 Tosabori, Nishi-ku
Tel06-6615-6818 (Osaka City Construction Bureau Road Department & Bridges)
DirectionsHigobashi Station on the Osaka Metro Yotsubashi Line